being in love is stupid
Of course I’ve been in love and I’m sure you have too (if not that is okay too), but by the end of this post you might understand why being in love is stupid. I’ve met the woman of my dreams and had an amazing relationship with her and like all good things, it ended badly. When I was in love I lost control of reality, I gave up half of who I was, I turned into someone I hated. I didn’t know this at the time but I saw it right after the relationship ended and I still see what I was to this day. I’m NOT going to sit here and tell you that you shouldn’t fall in love! I think everyone needs to experience this insanity to be a complete human. I just want to to be aware of how stupid it looks and is from the outside perspective.
- First off we ignore their flaws or think that this person will change.
- Next comes resentment for things we give up for them.
- You can only see flaws in other potential mates, so you stick with your current.
- When you are in love you are literally high on serotonin and dopamine, so you are not thinking straight.
- You think you can’t live without them, even though you spent however many years without them.
Growing up we are force fed a vision by your family, friends, movies and TV. The vision of growing up, finding a partner, buying a house, having children and growing old. For years I thought that is what it was all about so when I got to that point in life I chased girl after girl until I found “the one”. In the beginning everything was pure bliss as it always is, we were very close, we talked and we did things together. Then came the home part. We found one, moved in and it all went to shit. I am not going to go into detail about the reasons or tell you it was this point that caused it.